2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Studies in German language and culture taken at a university in Germany.
Do you want to put your German into practice and study for a semester at one of our prestigious partner universities? Choosing to do an Honours degree in German at Otago gives you the opportunity to have a semester of In-Country study in which you attend classes at a world-renowned university, not to mention all the other non-academic experiences you will have living for several months in the heart of Europe.
|Paper title||Studies in German|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,142.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Antonie Alm
- Paper Structure
- In consultation with the German programme the student will devise a course of study in German language and culture at one of Otago's partner universities. Students may choose papers that explore new subject areas or that build on study already undertaken. Students often select courses that are relevant to their dissertation topic.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of GERM 451 and GERM 452, students will have:
- Acquired in-depth knowledge of the subjects they chose to study and developed a critical approach to them
- Increased greatly their ability to communicate in German, both in a social and a formal academic context
- Gained a truly international perspective on their studies through exposure to a different education system
- Developed the confidence to undertake research and scholarship in a German-speaking environment.