Educational research of a topic that is situated within the context of teaching and learning in higher education. All students are required to have access to the Internet.
HEDU 510 is a paper for diploma students. In this paper a student undertakes a research project that culminates in a substantial piece of scholarly writing that demonstrates the student's understanding of an area of interest. Students undertake HEDU 510 after successful completion of HEDU 503.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Points||30 points 30 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Second Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,047.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,991.50|
- HEDU 503 or HEDX 503
- HEDX 510
- Limited to
- Students may be admitted with approval from the Head of Department of the Higher Education Development Centre.
- Suitable for graduates who are currently teaching tertiary students in universities and polytechnics.
- More information link
- View more information about this paper on the Higher Education Development Centre website
- Teaching staff
Lecturer: Professor Tony Harland
- Paper Structure
- HEDU 503 and HEDU 510 are linked papers that focus on research into higher education. In HEDU 510 a small research project is completed.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, seminars and interactive discussions
- The reading list will be provided at the beginning of the semester.
- Course outline
- Available on request from HEDC
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Identify elements of a research plan
- Perform a literature review in a chosen area of inquiry
- Develop a full research proposal