Investigation of a problem at a critical and analytical level, backed by appropriate applied and academic literature.
This paper is designed in conjunction with the Master of Business Data Science and allows the student to independently develop and extend their skills in Data Science and Data Analytics. Each student will be supervised by an academic and may develop a research topic with an external business.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (1 March 2018 - 28 February 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,563.41|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- Limited to: MBusDataSc
- Teaching staff
- Dr Peter A. Whigham
- "An Introduction to Statistical Learning", by G.James, D. Witten, T. Hastie & R. Tibshirani. This is available online through the library.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- During this paper, students will:
- Plan and conduct an independent research project that will be relevant to the chosen academic discipline (research)
- Apply critical thinking skills and (potentially) interdisciplinary approaches to the chosen discipline and research topic (critical thinking)
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently (self-motivation)
- Be able to write a research report with a high level of communication skills (verbal and written) (critical thinking, communication)