2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Topics in Japanese language and culture, taught and examined in Japanese.
Take your knowledge of Japanese language and culture to a new level of sophistication by reading, translating and discussing in Japanese a variety of interesting advanced-level texts.
|Paper title||Advanced Topics in Japanese|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,142.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- JAPA 334
- JAPA 402
- Teaching staff
- Associate Professor Roy Starrs
- Paper Structure
- The reading, translating and discussing in Japanese of a variety of advanced-level texts.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and seminar-style discussions.
- Texts will be provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By reading and translating the assigned texts, participating in the seminar-style
discussions based on those texts and completing the required assignments, students
- An ability to use the Japanese language at a sophisticated, educated level in speaking, reading and translating
- A capacity for research on and critical analysis of Japanese language and culture
- A level of mastery of the Japanese language suitable for the pursuit of graduate studies