The law protecting ownership and related rights in the expression and use of ideas, including copyright, patents, registered designs, trade marks, rights to confidential information, and actions for 'passing off'.
|Paper title||Intellectual Property|
|Teaching period||Summer School (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$710.30|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- LAWS 202 and LAWS 203 and 36 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
Emeritus Professor Pendleton
- Course materials are provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will gain specific knowledge of the law relating to
- Industrial designs
- Confidential information
- Passing off
- The Fair Trading Act 1986