The nature of the legal profession, the clients of lawyers and the future of legal practice
This paper will explore the nature of the legal profession, the clients of lawyers and the future of legal practice. It will draw on empirical studies of the legal profession and literature in the field of legal ethics and legal futures.
|Paper title||Special Topic 6: Legal Practice|
|Points||15 points 15 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Summer School, Summer School|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$646.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,856.00|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- (i) Not all optional papers will be available in any given year. (ii) Summer School students who have not passed the normal prerequisites, or are not taking the programmes specified above, may be admitted with approval from the Dean of Law.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Bridgette Toy-Cronin
- Course materials will be provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Specific to the subject