Selected issues in how the law responds to accidents.
|Paper title||Accidents and the Law|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for 2020 have not yet been set|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- LAWS 301 and 96 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- May not be credited with LAWS 474 taken in 2018 and 2019.Students who do not have the prerequisite may be admitted to the course with the approval of the Dean of the Faculty.
- Teaching staff
Course materials available from the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of New Zealand's accident compensation scheme, including advanced understanding of select aspects of the scheme;
- Demonstrate knowledge of New Zealand's workplace safety regime; and
- Engage in informed critical analysis of the choices made in those two areas of law (accident compensation and workplace safety).