Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Selected issues in how the law responds to accidents.
|Paper title||Accidents and the Law|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$679.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,212.40|
- LAWS 301 and 96 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- May not be credited with LAWS474 taken in 2018 and 2019. Students who do not have the prerequisite may be admitted to the course with the approval of the Dean of the Faculty.
- Teaching staff
Course materials are available from the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Demonstrate knowledge of New Zealand's accident compensation scheme, including advanced understanding of select aspects of the scheme
- Demonstrate knowledge of New Zealand's workplace safety regime
- Engage in informed critical analysis of the choices made in those two areas of law (accident compensation and workplace safety)