Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (1 January 2023 - 29 December 2023) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,883.38|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MATH 496
- Limited to
- MSc, MA
- Teaching staff
All Mathematics staff.
- Paper Structure
- Individual study
- Teaching Arrangements
- Weekly meetings with supervisor
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of an area of mathematics
- Research skills