Supervised individual research on a topic in pastoral studies.
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,359.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$13,317.00|
- PASX 490
- Limited to
- PGDipTheol, BTheol(Hons)
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Theology and Religion's websites: www.otago.ac.nz/theology or www.otago.ac.nz/religion
- Teaching staff
- Students will work under the supervision of their chosen supervisor.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular one-to-one meetings between student and supervisor.
- No textbook required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will gain
- Mastery of complex subject matter
- The ability to identify and evaluate critically the findings and discussions in scholarly literature and other forms of information
- The ability to design a well-structured, relevant and integrated plan of research
- The ability to carry out such research using appropriate methods of investigation and analysis
- The ability to analyse, argue and reach conclusions that are informed by independent inquiry and other available information
- The ability to undertake rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem solving