The further development of specialist singing skills necessary to enter a career in musical theatre.
This paper provides the student with a focused approach to music theatre repertoire.
|Paper title||Musical Theatre Voice 2B|
|Subject||Performing Arts Studies|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,141.35|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- PERF 202 (passed with a grade of at least B-)
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
View more information on the School of Performing Arts website
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: To be advised
Teaching Staff: Arlie McCormick
- Paper Structure
This paper covers recital and group singing with dance choreography.
- Teaching Arrangements
Three one-hour lessons per week incorporating group and individual lessons.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
Contact the School of Performing Arts for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Research, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Develop the necessary vocal and performance skills to enter a career in the music theatre industry
- Be able to perform using musical skills with awareness of the necessary concepts and their potential uses in the professional arena