2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Research methods and advanced topics in Pharmacology. Suitable for students intending to pursue further study towards an honours or master’s degree.
|Paper title||Current Topic|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,080.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,159.70|
- (PHAL 211 and PHAL 221 passed with an average grade of B+) or (PHAL 211 and PHAL 212 passed with an average grade of B+)
- Schedule C
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisites may be admitted with approval from the Head of Department.
- Due to the challenging nature of this paper, the grade average is set at B+ (75-79%) for the 200-level Pharmacology papers.
- More information link
- View more information about PHAL 307
- Teaching staff
Professor Rhonda Rosengren
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- PHAL 307 will give you insight into research and provide the necessary skills required
to conduct postgraduate research. This is a self-directed paper in which you will
gain valuable skills in four important aspects of science:
- General laboratory techniques
- Scientific writing (i.e. essay and grant proposal)
- Oral presentation (i.e. oral presentation of grant proposal)
- Scientific critique