Research methods and advanced topics in Pharmacology. Suitable for students intending to pursue further study towards an honours or master’s degree.
|Paper title||Current Topic|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,914.00|
- PHAL 211 and PHAL 212 (passed with an average grade of B+)
- Schedule C
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisites may be admitted with approval from the Head of Department.
- Due to the challenging nature of this paper, the grade average is set at B+ (75-79%) for the 200-level Pharmacology papers.
- More information link
- View more information about PHAL 307
- Teaching staff
- Dr Lyn Wise
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- PHAL 307 will give you insight into research and provide the necessary skills required
to conduct postgraduate research. This is a self-directed paper in which you will
gain valuable skills in four important aspects of science:
- General laboratory techniques
- Scientific writing (i.e. essay and grant proposal)
- Oral presentation (i.e. oral presentation of grant proposal)
- Scientific critique