Outdoor education encompasses a broad range of environments, theories and applications. This paper explores research and issues in outdoor education. Students will engage the literature relevant to their academic interests.
|Paper title||Research and Issues in Outdoor Education|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,120.42|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,368.00|
- PHSE 552
- 36 approved 300-level points required.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- To be advised.
- More information link
- View more information on the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences' website
- Teaching staff
- To be advised when paper next offered
- There is no compulsory text book. A reading list will be provided, which details the book chapter or research articles that complement each lecture. These readings will be available online and through course reserve in the library.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- At the completion of this paper, students should be able to:
- Articulate the range of issues surrounding the nature and practice of outdoor education
- Describe the various research approaches within the field of outdoor education
- Lead informed discussion on research and issues in outdoor education