Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Group research projects in selected areas of psychology.
|Paper title||Applied Psychological Research|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,004.75|
- PSYC 210, PSYC 211, PSYC 212
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Teaching staff
Textbooks to be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Acquire and apply knowledge of research principles and processes in psychology - Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research
- Obtain hands-on experience designing and conducting research studies in psychology - Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation
- Learn how to work with others to achieve research goals - Communication, Information literacy, Teamwork
- Gain experience writing research proposals and journal articles in psychology - Communication, Ethics, Information literacy, Research
- Develop effective oral presentation skills - Communication, Information literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork