A continuation of the theoretical development begun in STAT 270, this paper will cover the theory of ordinary least squares, maximum likelihood estimation and inference, hypothesis testing, and Bayesian inference.
|Paper title||Statistical Inference|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- (STAT 270 or STAT 261) and MATH 170
- STAT 362
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Mathematical Statistics with Applications by Wackerly, Mendenhall and Scheaffer
- An Introduction to Mathematical Statistics and its Applications by Larsen and Marx
A full set of lecture notes is available on the Departmental website.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will develop an understanding of key concepts in mathematical statistics.