A six-week placement under the supervision of an approved consultant statistician.
This is a six-week placement working as a statistician in a company or government organisation. The choice as to where the work takes place is decided between the student and the lecturer. The work can be carried out at any time before April of the year after enrolling for the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Statistics. There is no grade given for this paper: the student is simply deemed to have satisfied the requirement.
|Paper title||Statistical Practice|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,312.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,352.87|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information for STAT 481
- Teaching staff
- Dr Matthew Parry
- Teaching Arrangements
- Six-week placement under the supervision of an approved consultant statistician.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View course outline for STAT 481
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will develop
- The ability to work with a team
- Consulting and communication skills