The art of directing, through the study of the work of leading directors and through practical application, including the direction of two short plays.
In this full-year paper, you will develop your own 'voice' as a theatre director. You will direct three varied pieces, including one in a non-theatre environment and a Lunchtime Theatre project.
|Paper title||Advanced Directing|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,284.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,321.07|
- 72 300-level THEA points (including THEA 311 or THEA 352)
- (i) The prerequisite THEA 352 or THEA 311 may be replaced by an approved equivalent. (ii) Admission to THEA 451 in any year is limited. Students intending to enrol for this paper must contact the programme co-ordinator by 23 November 2019. Late applications may be considered.
- Enrolments for this paper are limited and it requires departmental permission. View more information about limitations of enrolment.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Paper Coordinator: Ryan Hartigan
Please contact the School of Performing Arts office for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper will deepen your understanding of the role of the director, in both theory and practice. You will enhance skills in creative imagination, interpretation and analysis, and in working with text, space and actors.