The practice of undertaking research from selecting a methodology through primary data collection and using secondary data, including statistics and big-data analysis.
About this paper
|Research Methodology II
|Doctor of Business Administration
|Not offered in 2022 (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )
|International Tuition Fees
|Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.
- Limited to
- This paper includes a compulsory on-campus component at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Teaching staff
- To be confirmed
- Paper Structure
- Research Strategies
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Teaching Arrangements
- Taught through seminars and online through Blackboard
- Readings will be made available through Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Communication, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will gain
- A highly developed ability to design and conduct a piece of research adopting an appropriate methodological approach, develop a hypothesis, design a tool to generate appropriate data and analyse the data using the most appropriate method
- A highly developed ability to present ideas logically and persuasively to a wide audience using both written and oral means