Clinical experience in a community placement with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate.
About this paper
|Paper title||The Dentist and the Community 4|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (20 February 2023 - 11 November 2023)
Full Year (20 February 2023 - 11 November 2023) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$4,228.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- DENT 560
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinators: To be confirmed.
- Texts to be advised if required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
This paper aims to provide a learning framework that will allow students to integrate their knowledge and clinical skills so as to be competent in the delivery of dentistry to individuals and the community.
- Students will gain clinical experience in a community facility with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate
- Students will be able to critically evaluate concepts and understand scientific methodology and the social and legal implications of the practice of dentistry