A reflective learning opportunity in the workplace which will integrate academic constructs with management practice.
About this paper
|Paper title||Management Practicum|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$912.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 54 200-level MANT points
- BSNS 301, TOUR 307
- Schedule C
- This paper is only available for students taking the Human Resource Management major and minor. Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. www.otago.ac.nz/study/enrolment/SP-DP.html View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Paula O'Kane
No textbooks are required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will use industry experience to:
- Facilitate opportunities to develop understanding and skills as a result of structured reflection on academic constructs taught in Management papers
- Form a connection between studies, work and goals - by relating study to the world of work, the effectiveness and relevance of education are increased
- Allow students to apply theoretical knowledge in the workplace
- Improve job prospects after graduation, as students are able to offer both experience and a qualification
- Contribute to career identification, self-confidence and increased competence in job performance
- Provide employers with graduates who are productive more quickly