Issues facing entrepreneurs such as work-family balance, growth issues and access to finance.
About this paper
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$1,132.73|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), PGDipCom, MCom
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Management's website .
- Teaching staff
To be advised when paper is next offered.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Evaluate the range of issues facing entrepreneurs, both from an academic research view and a practical view
- Develop ideas as to how entrepreneurs can increase their chances of success and growth within their entrepreneurial ventures
- Critically assess why women's entrepreneurship may be different to male entrepreneurs and apply this to case studies of entrepreneurs
- Develop research and interview skills by conducting research with entrepreneurs