Topics in advanced mathematics. Techniques and applications covering the classical core of mathematics and its modern developments and applications. Details are available from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
Techniques and applications covering the classical core of mathematics and its modern developments and applications.
This paper is only occasionally offered. Details are available from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
About this paper
|Paper title||Topics in Advanced Mathematics|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$620.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MATH 401-412
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipArts, PGDipSci, MA (Thesis), MSc, MAppSc, PGDipAppSc, PGCertAppSc
Mathematics 400-level programme coordinator: Dr Fabien Montiel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching staff
To be advised when paper is next offered.
- Paper Structure
This will depend on the topic of mathematics covered.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global Perspective, interdisciplinary Perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical Thinking, Information Literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Team Work.
.View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
On completion of the study of this paper, students are expected to:
- Understand fundamental approaches in the area of mathematics.
- Know important tools and techniques in the area of mathematics.
- Understand the power of this area of mathematics in modern developments and applications.