An introduction to botany, how the study of plants aids our understanding of Earth’s history and human society, and how plants will respond to future environmental change.
About this paper
|Paper title||Introduction to Plant Life|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$855.45|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- BIOL 123
- Limited to
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to:
- Explain the past, present, and future role of plants for planet Earth and human welfare.
- Describe the evolution of plant diversity.
- Describe the relationship between plant form and function.
- Apply skills in observation and interpretation to investigate a range of botanical questions.
- Communicate scientific information effectively to a scientific audience.
- Appreciate the excitement and potential for cutting-edge research in Plant Sciences.