Advanced techniques in comprehensive dentistry at the level of a general dental practitioner utilising modules in general dental practice, community dental and public health and paediatric dentistry.
About this paper
|Paper title||Advanced Principles in General Dental Practice|
|Subject||Rural Oral Health|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$19,776.50|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor Darryl Tong
To be advised when paper next offered
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will develop
- A high level of skill and understanding with the principles of advanced general dentistry as an independent clinician
- A higher skill level in the provision of general dentistry as a non-specialist in prosthodontics, paediatric dentistry, periodontics, orthodontics, caries control and public dental health promotion
- A high level of independent practice and team leadership