Red X iconGreen tick iconYellow tick icon

Certificate of Proficiency – Undergraduate (COP)

    Ready to enrol?

    • Certificate of Proficiency – General Otago, Dunedin, 2024
    • Certificate of Proficiency – other university, Dunedin, 2024
    Get Started

    About the Certificate of Proficiency

    If you wish to take a paper which is not being credited towards a University of Otago qualification, you may enrol for that paper for Certificate of Proficiency ( COP ).

    Looking to do a postgraduate paper(s)?

    The Certificate of Proficiency is also available at postgraduate level.

    Taking a COP paper at another New Zealand university

    A candidate who requires less than a full-time course to complete an Otago qualification may do so by taking approved papers for Certificate of Proficiency (COP) at another university in New Zealand. Prior written approval must be obtained from Student Development. 300-level papers will not be approved unless the 300-level papers specified in a major subject requirement have previously been passed at the University of Otago.

    Student exchange and Study Abroad

    Exchange students from outside of New Zealand

    If you are looking to apply to the University of Otago as an exchange student see the Application process for exchange students coming to Otago page for details.

    Study Abroad students from outside of New Zealand

    See the Study Abroad page for more details.

    This information must be read subject to the statement on our Copyright & Disclaimer page.

    Regulations on this page are taken from the 2024 Calendar and supplementary material.

    Back to top