Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

Certificate of Proficiency - Undergraduate (COP)

Students searching for books in the library

About the Certificate of Proficiency - Undergraduate

If you wish to take a paper which is not being credited towards a University of Otago qualification, you may enrol for that paper for Certificate of Proficiency (COP).

The Certificate of Proficiency is also available at Postgraduate level.

Taking a paper towards a Certificate of Proficiency at another New Zealand university

A candidate who requires less than a full-time course to complete an Otago qualification may do so by taking approved papers for Certificate of Proficiency (COP) at another university in New Zealand. Prior written approval must be obtained from the Manager, Student Administration. 300-level papers will not be approved unless the 300-level papers specified in a major subject requirement have previously been passed at the University of Otago.

Otago International School Certificate of Proficiency (international students only)

If you are an currrently studying in 2018 you can add the paper to your existing course of study. If you are attending the Otago International School only this year you will need to enrol for the paper(s) for Certificate of Proficiency (COP) using the Apply Now button on the right.

Exchange students from outside of New Zealand

If you are looking to apply to the University of Otago as an exchange student see the Application process for exchange students coming to Otago page for details.

Study Abroad students

See the Study Abroad page for more details.

Looking to do a postgraduate paper(s)?

The Certificate of Proficiency is also available at postgraduate level.