Seismic data analysis facilities in the Geophysics Lab are comprised of
- a Linux-based networked PC environment with a number of commercial software packages operating with academic licences. These include:
- GLOBE Claritas seismic processing software from Petrosys.
- Kingdom Suite seismic interpretation software from IHS Markit.
Land-based geophysical equipment includes:
- 2x 24-channel Geometrics Geode seismographs
- 2x 24-channel Seistronix RAS-24 seismographs
- Various land seismic sources (including a trailer-mounted weight drop source and a buffalo gun)
- Various geophone configurations enabling 96-channel 2D or 24-channel 3D acquisition
- Worden and Lacoste & Romberg gravimeters
- A GEM GSM-19 High Precision Overhauser Magnetometer with build in GNSS positioning
- A Geometrics G-856AX proton precession magnetometer
Marine geophysical equipment includes:
- A 24-channel Geometrics MicroEel receiver system used with a Ferranti boomer source
- Teledyne Benthos CHIRP sub-bottom profiler
- R2Sonic Multibeam