A supervised independent study resulting in a piece of original work on a specific research question or an advanced critical analysis of existing, area-specific, literature and knowledge.
|Paper title||Supervised Independent Study|
|Points||40 points 40 points 40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (25 February 2019 - 6 December 2019), 1st Non standard period (1 January 2019 - 30 June 2019), 2nd Non standard period (1 July 2019 - 31 December 2019), 3rd Non standard period (1 January 2019 - 27 December 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,071.03|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,032.23|
- Teaching staff
- Independent study with supervision by academic with appropriate expertise
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify an appropriate research problem and plan and conduct an investigation on an advanced topic within one of the fields offered within the MAppSc degree
- Employ effective information search strategies
- Undertake a literature review that places the topic within a wider field of knowledge
- Critically analyse a body of knowledge relevant to the research problem
- Select, justify and apply appropriate research methods to the research problem
- Communicate information, arguments, analyses and outcomes