|Value||NZ $6,000 with a 2-year tenure|
|Closing date||31 October|
Established in 2021 from a generous gifting of funds from former Vice-Chancellor Graeme Fogelberg and his wife Mary Fogelberg, this scholarship supports students from Wellington College who exhibit leadership potential to undertake first-year undergraduate studies at the University of Otago.
Application and award
Every applicant must submit a scholarship application must normally have been received by the Principal of Wellington College, by 31 October.
The Principal of Wellington College will convene a selection committee to select a recipient of this scholarship based on the following criteria:
- The applicants’ academic achievements while attending Wellington College; and
- The applicants’ involvement in sporting, cultural, or other community, or extra-curricular activities; and
- The applicant’s proposed programme of study.
In making an award, the selection committee may also give consideration to life circumstances which may present barriers to studying at the University of Otago.
The announcement of the recipient of the scholarship shall be made each year at the Wellington College annual senior prizegiving.
Value and tenure
- The value of the scholarship is $6,000 with a two-year tenure.
- For those accepting a place in a Residential College, or University Flat, it will be paid as an accommodation fee waiver of $3,000 in year one, paid directly to your Residential College or University Flat and $3,000 towards tuition fees for year two.
- Tenure in year two normally requires a GPA of 5.0 or better (B) for the previous year.
The Scholarship terms and conditions can be found here:
In addition, the following information applies to this Scholarship, subject to the specific provisions of the offer letter for the recipient:
- This scholarship may be held concurrently with any other University of Otago Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship.
- Applicants must have attended Wellington College for at least one (1) calendar year prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Although the announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the Wellington College annual senior prize giving, the recipient will still be required to accept the formal offer of the scholarship made through the University of Otago student management system (eVision).
- The recipient agrees in accepting this scholarship to reasonable requests from the University of Otago, Wellington College, and donor to appropriately represent the scholarship.