The Health Sciences Career Development Programme offers postdoctoral fellowships to outstanding Health Sciences graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level.
These postdoctoral fellowships are usually available each year. In 2022 there will be two application rounds, one position in the May round, and two positions in the November round.
Support health and biomedical research
Help us help our extremely talented and developing scientists by supporting our Flying Postdocs career development programme:
How to apply for a Health Sciences Māori Early Career Fellowship
These fellowships are open to people from any discipline, from those about to graduate with a PhD to people who may have already undertaken some post-doctoral work.
Expressions of interest for 2023 have closed; 2024 EoIs will be accepted from May 2023. Expression of Interest form.
How to apply for a Health Sciences Career Development postdoctoral fellowship
The November 2022 application round is now open. The closing date is Monday November 14th, 5pm. Changes have been made to the scoring criteria so please only use the November 2022 application form and guidelines.
1. Read the Nov 2022 guidelines
2. Complete the Nov 2022 Application Form
3. Read Appendix B of this document: Terms and Conditions for Postdoctoral Fellowships
4. Apply via the Dean of the School, or HOD, where you wish to hold the fellowship
Other postdoctoral fellowships
Health Sciences doctoral graduates can also apply for a Rutherford Foundation postdoctoral fellowship.
The Rutherford Foundation is a charitable trust set up to provide support for the spectrum of PhD education, to postdoctoral research, and early career development.
The following Rutherford Fellowships are available:
- Rutherford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Rutherford Discovery Fellowships for outstanding mid-career researchers (less than 10 years post-PhD)