The Health Sciences Career Development Programme offers postdoctoral fellowships to outstanding Health Sciences graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level.
These postdoctoral fellowships are usually available each year. In 2019 there were two application rounds, one position in the May round, and two positions in the November round.
Support health and biomedical research
Help us help our extremely talented and developing scientists by supporting our Flying Postdocs career development programme:
How to apply for a Health Sciences Māori Early Career Fellowship
These fellowships are open to people from any discipline, from those about to graduate with a PhD to people who may have already undertaken some post-doctoral work.
Expressions of interest are open at any time. Expression of Interest form.
How to apply for a Health Sciences Career Development postdoctoral fellowship
The application format for these fellowships was modified in November 2021. Only applications following the new format will be accepted.
1. Read the May 2022 guidelines
2. Complete the May 2022 Application Form
3. Read the postdoctoral fellow conditions of employment
4. Apply via the Dean of the School, or HOD, where you wish to hold the fellowship
Other postdoctoral fellowships
Health Sciences doctoral graduates can also apply for a Rutherford Foundation postdoctoral fellowship.
The Rutherford Foundation is a charitable trust set up to provide support for the spectrum of PhD education, to postdoctoral research, and early career development.
The following Rutherford Fellowships are available:
- Rutherford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Rutherford Discovery Fellowships for outstanding mid-career researchers (less than 10 years post-PhD)