A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Academic background
- Health Sciences, Business
- Host campus
- Master’s, PhD
- General Practice and Rural Health (Dunedin)
- Dr Sharon Leitch
Health informatics is a rapidly growing area in healthcare. I am interested in using routinely collected healthcare data to answer questions like:
- How can we make primary care prescribing more equitable?
- Can we reduce the burden of medication-related harm?
We have an exciting opportunity to explore these questions and more by analysing primary care data and linking it with national prescribing and hospitalisation data.
This research is made possible through the newly established Primary Care Research Network, a collaboration between WellSouth and the University of Otago.
Although this work lends itself to quantitative methods, there are many relevant questions to explore qualitatively too, such as:
- What do patients think of their healthcare data being used for research?
- How should we prioritise research in the Primary Care Research Network?
Depending upon your area of interest, co-supervision will be arranged according to your research topic.