- Offering strategic advice, with the assistance of the Divisional Research Committee, on the enhancement of research culture and productivity to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Humanities
- Supporting research activities of academic staff in the Division with the assistance of the Research Advisor Humanities
- At the University level, representing the Division in various processes of research-related decision making.
- Advancing the values and aspirations of Māori within the Division of Humanities,
- Developing the value of their knowledge, pedagogies and epistemologies within the core business of the Division, and
- Assisting Humanities departments implement the Māori Strategic Framework.
- provide advice on implementation of Pacific Strategic Framework goals
- to support the development of our Pacific staff
- and to foster awareness of postgraduate and staff research that extends and deepens Pacific knowledge.
- Advising & preparation of academic proposals
- Servicing Humanities & University committees
- Assist with Annual reporting, GYR & External moderation processes
- Course variations for Humanities programmes
- Course advising
- Course approval
- Degree planning
- PG Programme admissions
- HUMS 301/401 administration
- Liaising with academic departments and student services
- Working alongside the Humanities’ Associate Dean (Māori) to advance Māori development within the Division.
- Liaising with academic departments and support services with any issues or concerns relating to students and their course of study
- Helping to facilitate access to pastoral care, student services and course advice within the university
- Assisting with Human Resources processes such as annual performance reviews and Chair appointments
- Acting as secretary for Heads of Department meetings, the Divisional Research Committee, the Māori and Pacific Islands Advisory Board and other working groups
- Providing advice and administration for the Research and Study Leave process for academic staff.
Main duties: Executive and academic leadership of the Division of Humanities.
Main duties: Admission to postgraduate study programmes; advice to academic staff and postgraduate students about postgraduate programmes.
Main duties: Admission to undergraduate study programmes; advice to academic staff and undergraduate students about undergraduate programmes.
Responsible for offering strategic advice and support on the enhancement of research culture and productivity in the Division of Humanities.
Tēnei te Manupiki Māori ka mihi.
Tēnei hoki ka whai kia whanake te whaitake me te aronga ki ngā uaratanga iwi, kaupapa Māori.
This role has three major platforms:
Tangiwai Rewi, Associate Dean Māori – Manupiki Māori
The Associate Dean Pacific provides academic leadership in Pacific development in the Division of Humanities, and works with Heads of Department, departmental Pacific Islands Support staff and staff who provide leadership in Pacific research.
The key aims of the role are to:
The Associate Dean International provides support and advice to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Heads of Department and academic staff on international academic developments, with the aim of developing and growing international connections and collaborations by ensuring the Division is using its international networks and relationships well.
Kath’s role involves leading and managing the provision of professional business and operations support services to the Division. She works with other Client Services Managers to ensure consistent work processes and procedures are implemented across the Division and University.
If a department has any special projects or requires additional administrative support for any reason, please contact her.
Quentin manages and provides expert financial advice, analysis and support to the Division of Humanities and the Otago Business School. He works with other Divisional Finance Managers to ensure that consistent financial processes and procedures are implemented across Divisions and the University.
If a department has any special financial projects or requires specialist financial analysis and support, please contact him.
Graham Arnold, Finance Manager
Louise Freeman, Finance Associate
Campbell Geary, Finance Associate
Anna Gordon, Finance Associate
This position is embedded in the Division of Humanities; Carol reports to the Division of Student and Academic Services.
Tasks Carol continues to help with during the SSR transitional period
The Kaiāwhina Māori Officers support Māori students within Te Kete Aronui (Humanities).
The Pacific Islands Students' Support Officer supports Pacific Islands students within Te Kete Aronui (Humanities).
Responsible for executive assistance to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
For Humanities Research and Study Leave enquires email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy is the key point of contact for marketing for the Division of Humanities. Her role is to facilitate strategic marketing planning, and provide marketing advice to managers and staff within the Division to strengthen their marketing efforts.
Wendy works collaboratively with the wider University Marketing Services teams, such as Events, Design, Publications and Web Services to ensure marketing strategies are delivered.
She works alongside the Division’s Communications Adviser to help provide a coordinated service for managers and staff in the Division.
Alison is the first point of contact for the Divisional Office, providing administration services and coordination of day-to-day support services to students, staff and visitors.