The Division of Humanities contributes to performing arts in the community through its Performing Arts Fund.
Each year up to $20,000 is allocated in grants for performance projects (e.g. comedy, dance, theatre, film, music) that wouldn’t happen without this support.
- The fund is for students, staff and members of the University of Otago community.
- The purpose of the Performing Arts Fund is to provide funding, usually up to $1500, to help performers or performance projects to present their project to the public.
- The funding is for performance projects (e.g. comedy, dance, theatre, film, music) that wouldn’t happen without this support.
- It is not intended to cover the full cost of performances.
Closing date for the first round - 11 May 2018
Closing date for the second round - to be confirmed
Applications are considered on the basis of their contribution:
- to enhancing the reputation of the University, and
- to performing arts in the community
The Performing Arts Fund Guidelines and Application Form give more details on the fund and the application process.
- Download the Performing Arts Fund Guidelines (PDF, 85KB)
- Download the Performing Arts Fund Application form (PDF, 176KB)
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The application form is an interactive PDF, which means that you will be able to type information directly into it and save it. Mac users, if you are having problems with updating the form in Adobe, please open, save and reopen the PDF in Preview.
Humanities Divisional Office
Phone: 03 479 8671