All new incoming international students must register for and attend a New International Student Enrolment and Orientation seminar before completing enrolment.
International students starting on-campus in Summer School and semester 1, 2024
- Students in the Master of Business Administration; IMU Medicine; IMU Pharmacy; Master of Teaching and Learning; and Postgraduate Dentistry courses: You will have a separate seminar day and time communicated to you by your teaching programme.
- If you are participating in a course of study (including fieldtrips) that starts before the 19 February 2024, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your seminar. You will not have access to resources such as Blackboard until you attend a seminar.
- If your course of study starts at Summer School (course commencement Monday 8 January), please register for a seminar in the link below.
- If you are a PhD student, please see instructions at the bottom of this webpage.
For all other students, the semester 1, 2024 orientation and enrolment seminars are due to take place 19–23 February 2024.
We recommend new international students arrive on campus by 19 February at the latest to complete enrolment, participate in orientation activities and adjust to their new surroundings ahead of the first day of class.
- Certificate of Proficiency (COP) students who are here on a study abroad or exchange programme – please register for the SA and Exchange Seminar at 10am or 2pm on Monday 19 February.
- If you are in a postgraduate programme by coursework (postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, honours, or masters) register for the Postgraduate seminar at 3:30pm on Wednesday 21 February.
- All other students may select any remaining seminar. Any student can register for these seminars if the recommended seminars do not work for you.
You must send a high-quality pdf scan of your passport bio page and facing page AND the pdf of your visa once you have received it from Immigration New Zealand to email@example.com . Please write your full legal name and student ID number in the email so that we can identify you.
You must bring your passport to the seminar with you and have it ready to present at the attendance desk.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
International students commencing study by distance learning in semester 1, 2024
Students starting their qualification by distance learning should contact email@example.com for a seminar day and time to attend orientation online.
International students starting semester 2, 2024
The semester 2, 2024 orientation and enrolment seminars are due to take place 8–12 July 2024.
We recommend new international students arrive on campus by 8 July at the latest in order to complete enrolment, participate in orientation activities and adjust to their new surroundings ahead of the first day of class.
The semester 2 orientation and enrolment seminar session dates, times and registration link will be published on this webpage in early 2024.
If you are an international PhD or research master's (thesis-based) student enrolling on campus for the first time (this includes students who have already begun their study remotely/online), you must report to the AskOtago Central Hub in Dunedin, or the AskOtago reception if you are studying at one of the other Otago campuses.
In Dunedin, the AskOtago Central Hub is located in the Information Services Building and the drop-in hours are Monday–Friday, 11am–3pm.
You will need to bring your passport and electronic visa with you to be verified. This step activates a series of important steps and services to support you with a smooth transition for your studies on campus, including an on-campus orientation session (mandatory to attend).
Please also register for an on-campus orientation/welcome session for PhD/masters' students by completing this survey: