There are three things that you can do to make your laptop, tablet or smartphone more secure:
- Use a strong password
- Use a screensaver password, or force the computer to lock itself after a period of inactivity. This provides added protection in case you are away from your device and forget to manually lock it
To make your mobile device as secure as possible, you can do the following:
- Save as little sensitive information (such as personal bank statements, pictures and emails) on your mobile device as possible and regularly delete this information.
- Encrypt any sensitive information that is permanently on the mobile device.
- Use a laptop locking cable when your computer is left unattended (i.e. in the library).
- Consider installing software that allows you to remotely track and erase missing mobile devices.
Please contact the Information Security Office for further advice on how to keep your mobile device secure.