Information Technology Services (ITS) can help you find the right desk phone.
Choose a desk phone model
There are three different types of desktop phones available:
- A standard phone. This is the model supplied free with your phone extension.
- A digital caller display phone. Due to the costs involved, you will require approval from your department before a digital phone can be supplied by ITS.
- A Cisco IP phone. This type of phone is currently only available in certain areas on the future state network. You will be advised if you are able to have, or are moving to, this type of phone.
Using your desk phone
When using your desk phone on the University of Otago campus dial 1, then the number, for an outside line
Your standard desk phone comes with many useful features to help you manage your calls, such as:
- call forwarding/redirection of all calls
- call diversion on busy
- call diversion on no answer
- other PABX functions
Download the following guides to help you use your Cisco IP phone:
Please contact AskOtago if you would like to set up or remove a toll bar on your desk phone.