Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills at an advanced level using authentic written and spoken texts with an emphasis on registers and regional variation in Spanish.
Consolidates and further develops students' written, oral and aural skills at an advanced level in Spanish. Course material provides Hispanic cultural content and topics, such as current issues as well as its classics and contemporary literature, allowing the students to explore the different variations in Spanish.
This paper engages students with all four language skills - speaking, reading, listening and writing - at an advanced level, consolidating their proficiency in the use of Spanish language.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 2|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$913.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,073.40|
- SPAN 331
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish, and are interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Dr Moira Fortin
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores advanced-level, communicative and grammatical content.
- Teaching Arrangements
- There are three lectures per week.
Blitt, Mary Ann and Margarita Casas. Exploraciones Intermedio (bundled with MindTap), 2nd edition (2019).
- Course outline
Please contact the Languages and Cultures programme for a short course outline.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Demonstrate advanced-level communicative and linguistic proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at an advanced level using the appropriate register in a spoken or written context