Aspects of the law, practice, and policy of major taxation.
This paper provides an introduction to the law and policy of income tax in New Zealand.
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$659.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,970.20|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- LAWS 316
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Professor Shelley Griffiths
- Course materials for this paper are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The aim of the paper is to introduce the key concepts of taxation law and practice and to help you understand the structure of the New Zealand tax system. It will also help you to identify the tax implications of business structures and transactions.