Monday, 12 October 2015
The School's fourth year students had opportunity to present their year's research during a symposium held over one and a half days recently. The symposium highlights a year's work on research projects; with presentations ranging from "Your mum was right, cabbage is actually good for you! Why isothiocyanates are good" to "Health history for pharmcy students", and "Antibiotic use in the Cook Islands".
This year also saw the first cohort of Honour's students presenting their work - with presentations on "Medicines use amongst people with diabetes", "pH responsive delivery of vaccines", and "Optimising the use of vitamin D supplementation in pregnant women and their infants".
Prizes to fourth year PHCY470 students:
- Best oral presentation: Valerie Lim, Nicole Seah, Nichelle Tong, and Kerin Tan
- Best oral presentation runners up: Georgia Hughson, Esther Oh, Laurelle Lock, Marina Awadalla, Simon Chittock, and Kim Ngo
- Best poster presentation: Duncan McGill, James Nethercott, Tim Tomas, and Mena Alsaffar
- Best poster presentation runners up: Pink Cheok, Ching-Wen Hu, Khairal Issaf Ramlan, Siti Hannah, Shariah Abd Hakim
BPharm Honours (PHCY480) student prizes:
- Best oral presentation winner - Nalini Ganaeswaren
- Best oral presentation runner up - Isabelle Kuan