Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
This paper introduces current and novel applications of methods and technological advances extending biochemical knowledge in the biomedical and biotechnological fields.
|Paper title||Contemporary Technologies in Biochemistry|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,371.61|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- A firm foundation in contemporary biochemistry is required for this paper, but students
from any area of molecular biosciences can take this paper subject to approval from
the Course Co-ordinator.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information