Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

ID Cards

ID Cards (staff/student/contractor) allow access to buildings after hours or to restricted areas based on access given by departments. University ID cards are issued by the ID Card Office but door access is managed by the Proctor’s Office.

Your department will be able to advise you where your card will give you access and between what times. Please contact them should you require additional access.

For Departmental enquiries (amending/cancelling access), please contact:


How to use the card readers

Cardax 1


It is important to present your card at the correct area of the Readers. These are indicated below.

Please note that on the Reader with the keypad your card will not be read if you present it at the red squiggly line. It needs to be held over the numbers to be read. Once you have done this, put in your 4-digit PIN and press “in”.

Lost cards should be reported immediately to Campus Watch

Replacement cards

Staff cards

Lost or malfunctioning cards are replaced free of charge at the ID Card Office. You are advised to take a NZ Drivers Licence with you in case you need to show it.

Student cards

Malfunctioning cards will be replaced free. Cards lost, stolen, deliberately damaged, or damaged through negligence will incur a replacement cost to the student.

Contact the ID Card office to arrange a replacement ID card.

Found cards

All found cards should be taken to the ID Card Office or the Proctor's Office.