We offer arrange of academic support in group or individual settings. See what we have on offer.
Students are encouraged to join the Māori Sciences at Otago student support team for a workshop focused on the planning of students’ degrees/study pathways with both short term and long-term vision in mind.
Essays and Lab reports
The focus of these workshops is on study techniques for learning course content, and some practical advice for written assignments. A useful workshop for those in first year, second year and on conditional enrolment.
This workshop covers what study is and is not – and focuses on how to study for different types of exam questions, and general exam techniques and tips. If you want to know more please email: email@example.com
This initiative is to celebrate Māori success by acknowledging Māori science students who are excelling academically. This is an opportunity for Māori students in the Division to build their leadership skills, cultural engagement and service within a year. To empower, to celebrate and to acknowledge Māori achievements across the University of Otago science community.
The Division of Sciences Summer Scholarships for Māori and Pacific Island Science Students:
- Te Ngaru Paewhenua: The Landward Wave Science Scholarships
- The Riddet Institute and University of Otago Science Summer Scholarships*
- Scholarship funding supports undergraduate Māori and Pacific Island students interested in research and considering postgraduate degrees in sciences
- Research projects are undertaken over the Summer period and are of 5 to 10 weeks duration
- Applications open mid-August each year to students of Māori or indigenous Pacific Island descent who:
- are currently enrolled as Māori or Pacific Island students at the University of Otago in a full-time course of study
- will be enrolled in a full-time Sciences degree the following year
- *the Riddet Institute and University of Otago partnership Summer scholarships for undergraduate Māori and Pacific Island students are for those interested in research and studying subjects linked to: Food Science, Nutrition, Consumer and sensory, food processing, technology related to food production and Māori commerce e.g. Māori branding for food industry