The Philip Ashton Smithells Memorial Scholarship was established by the School of Physical Education, Sport, and Exercise Sciences (formerly the School of Physical Education) in 2006 to honour the founding Director of the School.
One scholarship will be awarded biennially to a student progressing to either the second or third year of study for an undergraduate bachelor's degree programme within the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences/Te Kura Para-Whakawai.
In the year of application, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in either their first or second year of a relevant bachelor's degree programme, and who will proceed the following year to enroll in 200- or 300-level papers (as appropriate) relevant to that programme within the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences/Te Kura Para-Whakawai.
Eligible major subjects are:
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Physical Education, Activity and Health
- Sport Development and Management
- Sports Technology
- Download the Philip Ashton Smithells Memorial Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- Download the Philip Ashton Smithells Memorial Scholarship Regulations (PDF)
If you have any issues downloading these files, please contact: