The Department of Food Science and Nutrition (FSCN) is part of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota (CFANS). CFANS consists of 12 academic departments and 10 research and outreach centers across Minnesota, plus the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the Bell Museum of Natural History and dozens of interdisciplinary centers that span the college, the university and the globe. CFANS is the only U of M college that's fully based on the St. Paul campus, which is smaller and friendly, yet it offers all the resources and opportunities of a major university. When you want to visit the Minneapolis campus, you can take a free Campus Connector bus and you'll be there in a few minutes.
FSCN is located in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Minnesota is a prime destination for boating, water skiing, swimming, fishing, and more. Minneapolis is home to 130 art galleries, 20 music companies, 15 museums, 10 dance companies, and a newly built state-of-the-art downtown public library. The Twin Cities area is the entertainment and cultural heart of the Upper Midwest, with world-renowned museums and orchestras, and a lively music and nightclub scene.
- Undergraduate level exchange.
- Academic Year: September - May (Fall Term: September - December; Winter Term: January - May)
- Minimum course load: 12 Credit Hours; maximum course load: 19 credit hours per semester.
- You may be able to take a course outside the Department of Food Science and Nutrition.
- Food Science
- Academic Calendar
- Information for exchange students
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2019 S2 BSc FOSC HUNT HO
- 2017 S2 BSc FOSC MM You may wish to read the exchange experiences from Otago students who studied at the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.