|Closing date||Friday 8 March 2019|
The Dunedin Symphony Orchestra (DSO) wishes to encourage study and performance of orchestral instruments at the University of Otago. The purpose of this scholarship is to foster the performance careers of exceptionally talented musicians who have demonstrated a strong and clear commitment to an orchestral career.
The orchestra will annually award a $5,000 scholarship to a music performance student studying an orchestral instrument such as violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, French horn, trumpet, tuba or trombone. The DSO reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any one year, and the right to give preference to a student of an instrument that best suits the needs of the DSO at that time.
- Be intending to enrol at the University of Otago for the first time in the year for which the scholarship will be awarded, studying performance on an orchestral instrument in the University of Otago Music department.
- Reside in another centre – i.e. outside Dunedin metropolitan centre – or country.
- Pass the Department of Music entrance audition, live or by DVD, as well as the DSO's audition which will be held simultaneously.
Further information on the associated deadlines regarding this scholarship can be found on the following websites:
- Department of Music auditions: http://www.otago.ac.nz/mtpa/study/otago635073.html
- DSO auditions: http://dso.org.nz/contact-us/auditions/
- Knox College: www.knoxcollege.ac.nz/applying