Thursday 2 May 2019 3:04pm
The Webster Centre presents the 2019 QMB satellite symposium: Infectious Diseases and Membrane Proteins, on 1 and 2 September, as part of Queenstown Research Week.
This satellite meeting will focus on infectious diseases and will highlight membrane protein structure and function important in infectious disease pathogenesis and anti-microbial resistance. Sessions will cover tuberculosis, host-pathogen interactions, malaria, virology, fungi, and drug discovery; advances in membrane biology; and membrane protein structure. There will be a joint session with the Biomolecular Interactions Satellite meeting.
This meeting will be a great opportunity for those working in the field of membrane biology, structural biology, microbiology and infectious diseases to present their research and facilitate collaborations.
Venue: Rydges Hotel, Queenstown
Registration and information: Queenstown Research Week Website
Travel awards for 2019 QMB Symposium
There are a number of travel awards available to support attendance at the 2019 QMB Symposium. Postgraduates and postdoctoral researchers who are presenting a poster on infectious diseases or membrane protein fields, are encouraged to apply.
Submit your name and contact details, abstract for your poster, justification of need, and a letter of support from your supervisor (an email is acceptable), to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5 July 2019.
- Maggie So, University of Arizona, USA
- Schara Safarian, Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Kate Seib, Griffith University, Australia
- Kevin Pethe, Nanyang Tech. University, Singapore
- Karen Fleming, Johns Hopkins, USA
- Michael Jennings, Griffith University, Australia
- Michelle Dunstone, Monash University, Australia
- Benjamin Howden, Doherty Institute, Australia
- Sarah Dunstan, Doherty Institute, Australia
- Peter Bond, A*STAR, Singapore
- John Taylor, University of Auckland
- Deborah Williamson, Doherty Institute, Australia
- Bruce Russell, University of Otago
- Jodie Johnston, University of Canterbury
- Miguel Quiñones-Mateu, University of Otago
- Joanna Hicks, University of Waikato
- Brian Monk, University of Otago
- Merilyn Hibma, University of Otago
- Iain Hay, University of Auckland
- Stephanie Dawes, University of Auckland
- Ren Dobson, University of Canterbury
- Greg Cook, University of Otago