Occupational mental health; mental illness and employment; psychological assessment; alcohol and other drugs; shift work and fatigue; occupational accidents; hazard control and safety; manual handling, ergonomics and occupational overuse injury; thermal stress.
|Paper title||Health, Work and Behaviour|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018, expected to be offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertOccMed, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Mark Newson-Smith
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Occupational Epidemiology
- Occupational Biostatic and Critical Appraisal
- Accidents and Hazard and Work
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Occupational Mental Health and Sickness Absence
- Ergonomics and Occupational Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Heat and Cold
- Occupational Toxicology
- Occupational Health Hazards to Other Systems