- Evolutionary ecology of parasites
- Effect of parasites on communities and ecosystems
- Manipulation of host phenotype by parasites
Current / Potential Postgraduate Projects
- Parasitism of molluscs and community structure in marine intertidal ecosystems.
- Impact of parasitism on coastal crustacean species.
- Evolution of abbreviated life cycles in parasitic trematodes.
- Manipulation of invertebrate behaviour by parasites, including the physiological mechanisms involved.
- Molecular genetics of helminth parasite
parasitism, ecology, evolution, marine ecosystems
MacLeod, C., Poulin, R., & Lagrue, C. (2018). Save your host, save yourself? Caste-ratio adjustment in a parasite with division of labor and snail host survival following shell damage. Ecology & Evolution. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1002/ece3.3782
Hay, E., Jorge, F., & Poulin, R. (2018). The comparative phylogeography of shore crabs and their acanthocephalan parasites. Marine Biology, 165(4), 69. doi: 10.1007/s00227-018-3326-y
Selbach, C., & Poulin, R. (2018). Parasites in space and time: A novel method to assess and illustrate host-searching behaviour of trematode cercariae. Parasitology. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1017/S0031182018000288
Friesen, O. C., Poulin, R., & Lagrue, C. (2018). Parasite-mediated microhabitat segregation between congeneric hosts. Biology Letters, 14(2), 20170671. doi: 10.1098/rsbl.2017.0671
Herbison, R., Lagrue, C., & Poulin, R. (2018). The missing link in parasite manipulation of host behaviour. Parasites & Vectors, 11(1), 222. doi: 10.1186/s13071-018-2805-9