An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate to students’ future career and social needs.
Are you willing to develop your linguistic skills in French to a high level of communication? This advanced French language paper will certainly boost your future career and social needs.
|Paper title||Advanced French 3|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for 2017 have not yet been set|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- One of FREN 334, FREN 221, FREN 311, FREN 331.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- FREN 321, FREN 332, FREN 336
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for students with good French language skills.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Constantin Grigorut
- Paper Structure
- Switching through imitation and adaptation from original to pastiche and parody, students will "rewrite" source French texts of their choice, analysing the core linguistic and stylistic complexity of their rewritings. Weekly oral classes and tutorials with a French native speaker will complement this advanced-level text-based work.
Le Petit Robert (any edition).
Le nouveau Bescherelle: l'art de conjuger (any edition).
Bescherelle: French verbs (any edition).
Maurice Grevisse. Le Bon Usage (any edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- FREN 335 aims to develop:
- A high level of writing skills in French, through pastiche and parody exercises
- A high level of oral communication skills, useful not only in everyday situations, but also in a more specific (cultural or scientific) environment
- A high level of self-motivation through major written projects in French