An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate
to students’ future career and social needs.
Are you willing to develop your linguistic skills in French to a high level of communication?
This advanced French language paper will certainly boost your future career and social
||Advanced French 3
|Domestic Tuition Fees
|International Tuition Fees
^ Top of page
- One of FREN 334, FREN 221, FREN 311, FREN 331.
If you have previous knowledge
of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding
with your application process to the Review and Confirm page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- FREN 321, FREN 332, FREN 336
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for students with good French language skills.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Constantin Grigorut
- Paper Structure
- Switching through imitation and adaptation from original to pastiche and parody, students
will "rewrite" source French texts of their choice, analysing the core linguistic
and stylistic complexity of their rewritings. Weekly oral classes and tutorials with
a French native speaker will complement this advanced-level text-based work.
- Recommended:Le Petit Robert (any edition).
Le nouveau Bescherelle: l'art de conjuger
Bescherelle: French verbs (any edition).
Maurice Grevisse. Le
Bon Usage (any edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information
about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- FREN 335 aims to develop:
- A high level of writing skills in French, through
pastiche and parody exercises
- A high level of oral communication skills, useful
not only in everyday situations, but also in a more specific (cultural or scientific)
- A high level of self-motivation through major written projects
^ Top of page
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
||Mon : 14:00-14:50
||Wed, Thurs : 09:00-09:50
||Tues : 10:00-10:50
||Fri : 12:00-12:50