PHAL 421 consists of a series of lectures and is a requirement for both BSc(Hons) and MSc.
|Paper title||General Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,590.98|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,842.50|
- More information link
- View more information about PHAL 421
- Teaching staff
- Professor Rhonda Rosengren
Professor Paul Smith
Dr Lyn Wise
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The aim of this paper is to provide an advanced general course in pharmacology and toxicology, with emphasis on issues relating to preclinical experimental research and the problems of translating this to clinical medicine. Statistical analysis of pharmacological data is also a core component of this paper.