A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
We place a lot of emphasis on the project, and typically, students find this to be the most rewarding part the programme. We offer a wide choice of topics in which you have the opportunity to carry out original research. You will work closely with a supervisor, who defines the project and will guide you through all aspects of the project, from the initial background reading to writing the final report.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,845.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,068.00|
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information about postgraduate Physics papers
- Teaching staff
- Professor Blair Blakie
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- After completing this paper students will be able to:
- Search for and analyse literature relevant to a specified research project.
- Plan and manage their time commitment to a project
- Independently make decisions on the path of a project
- Apply advanced technical skills to the acquisition and analysis of data
- Place their results in the context of the body of knowledge of a research topic
- Communicate effectively, in both written and oral form, the results of a research project